The three plays in this volume are suitable for both young adult performers and audiences. The plays were designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of age groups, but will be particularly appropriate for senior secondary students as well as those studying theatre at tertiary level.
Each play is accompanied by extensive production notes, which provide study suggestions for the plays and ideas to stimulate the rehearsal process.
The notes provide advice and information on the following topics
- How the plays were written
- Understanding the plays' themes and metaphors
- Approaches to characterisation
- Ideas for staging
- Use of theatre space
- Keeping the rehearsal process alive
- Building the audience-performer relationship